Sunday, June 24, 2007

Or maybe begin sometime in the past...

Ever lose touch of a friend from high school, only to finb out that they live quite close to you, are doing things quite similar to you, and have been wondering what you've been up to all these years?


Enter my long lost friend Jenn Hobbs.


I heard through the grapevine that she was working in a shop, so one day I stopped by and left her a note with my phone number so that we could reconnect. Well, we've been catching up over the phone waiting for our schedules to click so we can reclick. I liken this feeling to opening a box of vintage goodies in the attic and realizing how cool they are and not being able to wait to use them again.


Interestingly enough, our lives have become very similar. We're in the same spot in our lives at the same age. Here we are, two 25yr old women, with the knowledge that we have something to do, but are waiting to do it on God's timetable. The nicest part of reconnecting with each other at this time is that we can understand where we're coming from and how we're getting there.



Evertime I see this picture, I think that this is the essence of friendship... two unalikes becoming two very alikes.



Owen & Mzee at a zoo in Nairobi, Kenya.

No comments: