Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sweet Sweet Tulips


So I made this painting according to a picture of red tulips along the Rideau Canal. It turned out ok and I gave it to a family I teach with as a Christmas present. I think it's by far one of my fav projects. I've had the itch to paint lately, but just no time. When I get the chance, I'm going to take a pic of my current project, a tuscan landscape that I'm working on for my mother.
From reading someone else's post who wrote about eight random things, I thought I would do the same, although coming up with eight random things will be tough, so here's just a few random things:
1~I studied Farm Management for a few years before deciding to pursue an Arts degree, and then take up teaching special ed. I actually enjoyed it, but it's definitely not something I want to pursue anymore.
2~I can weld. Well ok, I USED to be able to sorta weld. But it's been at least five years. So I CAN'T weld.
3~I can sing. I'd love to do it professionally, but I just don't have the body for it. Weird, considering that singing involves your voice, but whatever, that's show-business.
4~I have always wanted to be a roadie in a huge rock band like Bon Jovi or U2 or Aerosmith. And I'd like to learn how to drive a zamboni too. Ok, so that's totally not related to being a roadie, but this post is about randomness, right?
5~I love to cheat at card games.
6~Oh, I have a crazy memory for numbers, but I'm terrible at math. I can remember people's phone numbers that I went to elementary school with, but my math skills don't go beyond basic multiplication and division.
That's all I can think of for now, but my life is pretty random in general. Today my best friend and I were looking through our old year books and couldn't get over the things we did and how we looked. Quite frankly, I think I looked much better in high school than I do now.

No comments: