Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My Week of Vacation... in a nutshell

So my week of vacation was quite possibly the most relaxing and regenerating week I've ever spent. I took this picture coming back from the flea market on Sunday. Everytime I pass by this spot on the highway, I think that it's just the most beautiful scene, so I rolled down the window and snapped a pic. Maybe someday I'll paint it.

So above is the new purse I got at the flea market. It was marked for $18, and I got it for $12. I've since called her "Madeline" and she resides on the bedroom shelf with all the other lovelies in my collection. She's similar to a bag I permanently borrowed from my grandmother.

And here begins the roof reno. My step-father, and member of the Shawville-Clarendon Fire Department, recruited some of his firemen buddies to fix the roof. It was quite the project. I was the official documentarian, snapping photos like crazy. It was actually kinda fun though.

These were the fore-women. They were obviously working very very hard. Actually, the woman in red taught me how to crochet, so I guess she earned her keep for the day. Can't say the same for my mother though.

No comments: