Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One of my very good friends got married this past weekend. So I am a little slow at writing about it, but alas, here is my post. It was an evening wedding, and I truly think those are the way to go. Nice and cool.


Now, the bride and I are sorority sisters, and she was someone that really impacted my sorority experience. She's the kind of person that can be someone's moral compass, because she's so genuine. At the wedding reception, her new father in law - a minister - went on and on about how beautiful she is both inside and out, and also wondered why on earth she picked his son... But really, her husband is an awesome person too, and they are both really blessed.


Going to this wedding made me realize that I really miss my sorority girls. A lot of people frown on sororities and say that it's like paying for friends. I never saw it that way. I saw it as paying a membership to belong to a club WITH my friends. When I was with my girls again, it was like no time had passed. And when I woke up the next day at home without them, I realized just how much they had changed my life for the two years I was in Tri Delta - and how much I miss them now that it's not something I do everyday.


So here's to my ladies... awesome women of genuine substance.


1 comment: