Sunday, July 27, 2008

As We Gather At The River

I went to the little white church in Norway Bay tonight. The pastor at the church I used to go to was preaching. I really would love to go back to that church, but running into certain people would be really uncomfortable. So listening to him tonight will have to suffice for another year.

The church is this little wooden building - hardwood floors inside, and little wooden chairs to sit on. I was the youngest person there by at least 20 years, if not more. That was kinda sad, but I certainly don't mind hanging out with the old folk. The service consisted of hymn requests from the congregation. I got to request one of my favourite hymns: Love Divine.

Reverend Sterling in the midst of singing his heart out. He kept saying something that I don't remember being a catch phrase of his before: "and that gives my heart joy." He said that at least twice. It made me think about the things that give me joy, and whether or not I can be confident enough with my joy to share that with others.

No comments: