Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My New Morning Coffee Spot

I hadn't had the opportunity to do much with my balcony since I moved in. In reality, I barely use it other than to water my tomato plant and herbs. I decided to finally get out there this evening after work and do some sifting around. Here's the door leaving my apartment. From this vantage point, it kind of looks like stepping out of black and white Kansas, and into Technicolor Oz.


And so below is the very sad looking corner of my balcony. I didn't water the tomatoes today so they're a little wilted. And yes, that is a garbage bag filled with left over je-ne-sais-quoi from the former tenant, and behind that is the screen from the window that's now home to my A/C. The black abomination of a table was a left over as well. Obviously not my taste, but beggars can't be choosers.



Voila! With a little elbow grease and some Lysol Disinfectant Wipes, it looks not bad. I've been looking for a place to put that Sunflower blackboard for a while. Now it as a home. And it's nice to get some candles out there too. My extremely ugly chaise lounge is behind the door and will only see the light of day when I go to use it.


So it really didn't take a lot of time or effort, and the plus side is now it's Ruby-proof so now my kitty and sit out and enjoy the balcony without visiting the neighbours.

No comments: