Friday, August 1, 2008

Flea Market Morning

This morning, my brother, grandmother and I went to this little Flea Market in Ladysmith. It's inside this huge shed, and I was expecting a rather shabby affair, but I found some really great gems.


I have a small collection of tins, and I haven't been indulging in them in a long time, but I couldn't resist. They were 50cents each. I have some similar tins, but I just love that beige one. And the small picture is from 1943.

These are little rose pictures, but I'm going to use them as trays.

I love this one... jewelry box, and the woman said it was bought for her in the 50s. It's got that old jewelry box smell that I can't describe - part old leather, part old velvet.

The center drawer has this pretty Chinese looking tree.

And the piece-de-resistence! My lamps. $4 each thank you very much. They are going to look smashing in my bedroom; I'm just so excited!

1 comment:

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

great finds! hope you have a fabulous day!! hugs!! xo Britt :-)