Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Parade Photos

I've been meaning to get these pictures posted for a while - the parade was on the 29th of November. Now, I'm not good at all at taking pictures at night, and with all the lights it was super tough. But here are some highlights:

This was the last float: Santa's Workshop. The picture of Santa didn't turn out so well, and neither did this one, but it was such a cool idea to have his workshop all done up like this!

This is the Pontiac High School, and they won for Best Lights. It must have really been a lot of work to make letters out of the lights, but obviously worthwhile! Some kids were running along side and tossing a basketball into a hoop on the back.

The Municipality of Shawville submitted the old Fargo Fire Engine... actually, I think this is a Fire Truck. The difference is that Fire Engines have the capability to pump water. Don't ask how I know that, I just do!

This one is my favourite, and won for Best Agricultural - because it was submitted by a farm. There is a four-wheeler under there, and it's put together with plastic pipe and round bale wrap. My friend who submitted it said that her father was the engineer and now thinks he's more clever than Martha Stewart!

And finally, what's a parade in Shawville without a tractor... this was one of three, I think.
This was also the first year I've helped out and I loved it. It was more work than I thought it would be, but I can't wait til next year because I've got it pretty much down pat. Here's where the local paper did a story on it: http://www.theequity.ca/te_page03.htm

No comments: