Saturday, March 14, 2009

Aunt Hazel

Hazel was my great grandmother's sister. My grandmother talks about her and her sister Sadie quite a bit. Because my great grandmother died shortly after my grandmother got married, my grandmother's aunts became so important to her.

Hazel would be Judy's mother, from where these pictures come. They lived in the Upper Ottawa Valley for many years and had a restaurant, before moving back to Pembroke, Ontario.

I love these two pictures of Hazel and her husband, Maurice. You don't often see pictures like these anymore - most couples don't last as long as they used to. I think pictures like this are a great metaphor for faith in someone else.



My cousin, Judy, loves this picture of her mother because it was with something that she loved.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

Love the pictures. I also like that picture of your mom with the horse. I love looking at old photo's.
Stephenie