Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beading Beading Beading

I have been spending my evenings beading - as I'm sure you can tell from my last post. I've just finished the first necklace, and I think it's pretty cute... but I'll let you judge.

Right now, my coffee table (old toy box crafted by my great grandfather) looks like this, and my cat is loving it. Every time I turn around, I catch her trying to bat a bead off the table, or chew on a piece of bead wire.

But I'd say the disarray is worth it. The center is an old brooch that is missing the pin and clasp, so now it's got a new lease on life! I'm going to wear it tomorrow to see what people think, and once I get enough necklaces made, I'm going to take them to a few shops in town that sell handmade jewelry and see what happens!
Next up... green and gold!

2 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Hi Melissa!

I'm so glad you related to my post, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing but seems to have struck a chord with so many bloggers :)

I love the necklace you've made - a lot of work but totally worth it. I hope it's a success when you take your jewellery around the shops.

Mel xxx

Stephenie said...

Melissa,
You did an amazing job on your necklace..I just love the brooch you used...
Stephenie