Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

My aunt posted some pictures on Facebook this morning - some of which I didn't even know existed. And I think the metaphor for receiving this pictures on Good Friday is a little ironic. My father passed away when I was 12, and from that moment, my life was inexorably different. Sometimes, I get caught up on a train of "what-if's" and to be caught on a train of "what-if's" on Good Friday really drives in the fact that sometimes we cannot control Divine Providence.

Anyways, just having a pensive day.


That's me standing on the corn planter while my dad pours in the seed.

Here's one I had never seen... my father sits on the tractor, his leans against it, his sisters scattered around them.
This was him in his element - at the fair showing cattle, and the after party. His best friends sits beside and I can only wonder what was so funny.
We only have this one picture of our family, and my mom always told me that dad never wanted it taken. So in all the pictures from that day, he's frowning.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

That is such a cute picture of you on the corn planter...I always love looking at family pictures...I've been wanting to take a picture of me to put on my blog, but I'm like your dad, I don't like any pictures of me...Hope you have a Happy Easter...
STephenie