Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Read It In One Sitting


Holy wow. This was amazing!
My favourite book of all time is "The Alchemist" by Paolo Coelho. Indeed, I like anything he has written. I didn't expect this book to be placed on the hallowed shelf next to "The Alchemist" but there it will lie. "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" is the kind of story that makes you change your life because of the lesson it offers. Eddie is a modern-day Everyman. The things he has experienced are not so different from the experiences of myself, my parents, grandparents and friends. Yes, Albom took a great deal of poetic license with the concept of Heaven, but it was tasteful and didn't feel like cheesy cinematography.
I love the kind of reading that changes my perspective.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

I've been wanting to read a good book...I think I might have to try this one...Thanks for sharing...
STephenie