Thursday, June 18, 2009

Old Pictures and Glasses

I found this old picture a while ago, but I hadn't posted it. It's of my grandmother and I at my mother's wedding. I wasn't a particularly happy camper that day. I balled during the ceremony, stayed away during the reception, was a surly, unhappy teenage girl. For the most part, I'm much nicer now ;)

But I do love this picture. I had vowed to wear the ugliest blackest dress I could find that day, but alas, I went with my happy colour: yellow. It's always been my favourite colour, ever since I was little. I'm actually considering painting the walls of my living room creamy yellow. And my grandmother looks so stately. I'm almost a foot taller than her now, but she's still stately in my eyes.


And these are my new glasses bought today. My prescription was increased by a considerable amount, so it's taking some getting used to. But I think they're pretty, classy and perfectly me. Nothing like something like new glasses to ease the transition into a new work life.
Yes, I'm changing jobs. More about that when I get a chance and things calm down.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You look nice in your new glasses! Can't wait to hear about your new job ;)

Stephenie said...

Love the picture of you and your grandmother...
You look adorable in your new glasses..I really like them alot..
STephenie