Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Butterfly Bedspread

It's been a while since I've written a real 'Black, White & Lace' post, so I figure it's about time. While I stay with my grandmother, I sleep beneath a canopy of butterflies. I think it's a beautiful quilt. It was made many years ago by my grandmother's sister - it's plain white with butterfly shapes sewn upon it, and then a black fabric marker outlines the features of the butterfly: the body, the antennae, and some butterflies have black polka dots. I love it.

My Aunt Elva made some very timeless quilts. My grandmother has one that has an embroidered block for every month of the year. I have a little pink and white quilt with Holly Hobby's holding delicate parasols. My Aunt Beulah can also quilt, but alas, I cannot. My mother is attempting to do so. The jury is still out on that!


No comments: