Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dancing in the Street

My guys in the mornings work on a song or dance routine every week, and present it to their parents at Oneg Shabbat. I'm new to learning about Judaism, so I'm not entirely certain about the reasons behind this particular celebration, but I believe it's to mark the beginning of the holy day.

Our kids worked so hard at this dance, and it was pretty cute. And my guy, the wee lad that I shadow every morning, did a great job learning the dance. I just love watching his face when he gets it. Some of the kids are little stinkers, though. There is this little trio of boys that just can't seem to get enough of each other - no amount of separation seems to work, and they just don't satiate on each other. It gets a little annoying. But then one little guy will give you this sly smile and melt your heart, and then there's just nothing you can do!

I miss these guys this week.

1 comment:

Cee said...

wait... this is a jewish place?