Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Summer Party

It seems like summer, this year, is filled with parties. I'm out almost every night of the week! Tonight is a last-minute birthday bash for one of my best-est ladies. I whipped her up a pair of earrings quickly, in a colour that I wasn't sure she'd like or not until I saw this picture (she's on the right). It'll be just fine.

I've discovered I like making jewelry more for my friends than I do for myself. The kind of jewelry I like to wear are classic looking or vintage pieces - of which I've got tons! That's the advantage of shopping at antique barns that often don't understand the value of old jewelry.
I wore this piece last night (to yet another party) and I have matching earrings and a brooch for it. It was bought with a box full of vintage pieces that I picked up for 2 bucks. Craziness! Tonight, however, I will be going with my go-to staple: pearls. I love them. All my favourite pieces have pearls in them. They just make everything that much more classy. And they make me feel sophisticated even in a pair of jeans.

What kind of jewelry do you always go to? How does it make you feel when you're wearing it?

2 comments:

Torie Jayne said...

Pretty necklace, my favorite necklace is a little cream bird on a twig, I wear it most days! x

Cee said...

Pearls! Must be a sorority thing but i just love 'em!