Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blogging in the Grey

It's such a cool, grey day out today. The clouds are so thick that it feels like early evening. It's my day off, and I've got a cold -ugh, don't ya just hate summer colds? - and this weather has created a perfect pathetic fallacy. (I was an English major... look it up)

After a week of steamy, humid days and nights, this coolness is welcomed. I've never been a fan of humidity - curly hair will do that to ya. So I've been finding the weather almost unbearable. But last night I opened the doors and windows for the first time in a week and it was like a blessing blew through the apartment. I've also been reading so many blogs lately. I've been looking up fellow bloggers in the fair city of Ottawa, and fellow bibliophiles. I posted a comment on someones blog a few weeks ago who had posted about making so many friends through her blog. I think it's natural to find kindred spirits through blogging. I mean, when we write, we lay so much of our soul and spirit bare. It's our true self in a way. There isn't a much truer form of friendship.

1 comment:

Su said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy to find someone from my area too!