Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fantastic Tikka Masala

I whipped up an awesome Chicken Tikka Masala sauce tonight for my pasta.

Here's the way I make it:

  1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Cover with water. Pour in a little Italian salad dressing for flavour. Cook on high until done.

  2. Remove chicken and drain most of the left over juices from the pot, but leave a couple tablespoons worth.

  3. Chop chicken into large pieces and toss back into slow cooker.

  4. Pour in a jar of tikka masala sauce. I prefer VH's sauce.

  5. Toss in some chopped green pepper and onions.

  6. Set cooker on low and stir often. I like my veggies still a little crunchy, so I don't let it cook too long. Just til it's hot.

  7. Pour over rice, couscous, pasta... whatever!
Enjoy! Nothing like Indian food to help a cold!

No comments: