Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Leaning Tower of Books

Isn't this crazy! I've had this bookshelf for about 2 years. It was a Christmas present, since I was in pretty desperate need of a large bookshelf. Now I have two of them, and this is the less sturdy. I've since removed all the breakable items, and fall asleep in fear that I'll wake up to a thundering crash! No amount of support seems to bolster it, either. I'm thinking that I'm going to go and collect some old bricks and get some 2x6s and just make my own bookshelf.



My step-father is still disbelieving that I actually have my table set up, so here I've got photographic proof that it's up, and cute. My mom took the base of a smaller table and put a larger piece of MDF on top. I love it. These are the chairs that I picked up at my favourite 'not-a-flea-market' flea market and I think it was a good purchase. They really suit the table, although I am thinking of painting them a shiny black to match the wrought iron. Now I've just got to make myself some cushions! Since I've got little experience with a sewing machine, that should make for interesting blog fodder!

No comments: