Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Movie Date

I went to see "The Time Traveler's Wife" with one of my best friends last night. I started to tear-up at the beginning of the movie, since I've read the book and know how it ends. It was better than I was expecting! I loved it. I thought it was so well done, just a perfect rendering of the book. Of course, some parts were left out - the book is larger after all - but the essence of the story was perfect.

Waiting for the movie was another story, though. The first showing was sold out, so we bought tickets for the late show. And we had the good sense to line up about an hour before the film to make sure we'd get good seats. One of the movie theatre staff was hilarious in trying to get people lined up. And by "hilarious" I mean that I don't think he realized just how ridiculous he was acting. We referred to him as the Line-Up Nazi because he spent the better part of an hour barking orders at theatre goers to line up properly, enter the theatre orderly, and it was so hard to take seriously from a man with shaggy hair down to his waist and a wisp-thin frame. We tried to take a picture of it, but it just didn't come out.

So all in all, it was such an entertaining evening. I suggest that everyone take a gullible friend that leaves the movie theatre asking you (in all seriousness) if time travel is something common place or still pretty much in the closet. ;) Friends: gotta love them.

No comments: