Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My First Harvest

My first green pepper has just become part of a really great Tuna and Feta Pasta Salad. Biting into the pieces of green pepper was like biting into the earth itself... in a yummy kinda way.


So, for anyone interested, here's how I make it (although the recipe tends to change every time depending on what veggies I have to throw into it).
  1. Boil water with about 2 tablespoons of oil and several generous pinches of salt.
  2. Cook pasta until al dente.
  3. Cool pasta and add any combo of the following: chopped pepper, chopped onion, broccoli, tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, etc.
  4. Add one tin of flaked white tuna.
  5. Add enough feta cheese as preferred.
  6. Pour Italian dressing over everything and stir.
That's it for a pretty easy summery lunch!

6 comments:

CoatMan said...

Growing your own peppers? Now, I am impressed!

Melissa said...

From an apartment balcony nonetheless! It is impressive. And I've got tomatoes and herbs too.

Torie Jayne said...

Hi, Those peppers are impressive! Recipe sounds great too!

Sarah Von said...

Lovely! Somehow food that you grow yourself always tastes better, doesn't it?

kelly said...

That does look delicious! I never have any luck with growing veg but yours look extremely well cared for!

Cee said...

omg. even i could possibly cook that!