Sunday, September 20, 2009

Driving at Night

image from flickr
Do you ever drive at night?
I find driving at night to be my quiet time. I always wait until after dark on Sunday nights before leaving my parents' house to come back to the city from my weekends in the country. Even though I live alone during the week, and it's quiet until I leave on Saturday, I need that hour in the car to myself to enjoy the quiet, to be enveloped by the darkness. And it's not that I don't enjoy the loud family... quite the opposite. I love the loud family. But driving at night is my allegory between city and country.

5 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

The night shot is really beautiful !! I loved the beauty !!I am now your follower too !!Unseen Rajasthan

Su said...

That is beautiful!
I'm actually the opposite :)
Very tense driving at night because I'm extra attentive on the road then.

Cee said...

I love early morning driving so much better. In the days of mr. trainer, i loved when I drove home at 6am and the sun was just rising.

lifechick said...

I love driving at night, but don't quite manage to revel in the quiet solitude. Instead, I crank up the stereo, proceed to sing loudly (and badly) above it, and pretend to be a famous rock star. You can do this in the car at night, because nobody can see. LOL.

Talon said...

Gorgeous pic, Melissa. There's something really private about driving alone at night - you feel cocooned. It's a great way to transition from a loud environment to a quiet one or vice versa. Or you can be like lifechick and crank the tunes and belt it out - lol!