Monday, September 21, 2009

Ferme Lavender Ridge

not such a good picture, but I wanted to include something
I really must, at this moment, get on my soap box and expound the virtues of Ferme Lavender Ridge's handmade products. They are AMAZING! Joanne Labadie had a booth at Shawville Fair this year, and on the last day I went to visit showing her injuries made by my own stupidity (public service announcement: do not wear rubber boots inside your pant legs while washing cattle as said rubber boots will rub the skin from your bare legs leaving you a disgusting mess). She showed me her Calendula Salve, a sort of healing balm for whatever skin irritation you throw its way. I've also used it on the cat. She makes the best soaps, creams, lip balms, and everything smells so wonderfully of lavender, which is undoubtedly the best part. Who doesn't love the smell of lavender?
The farm is new to the area, and have planted a vineyard on the hillside at Luskville where they are hoping to get their alcohol permit soon to be able to begin selling their wine. I believe this will be the first vineyard in the Pontiac. Labadie is so energetic when she speaks about her aspirations for the farm, it's hard not to get excited for them! Although their website is very minimal right now, it's http://www.fermelavenderridge.ca/ and if you look under products and click on the "brochure" link, you'll find the pdf version of their brochure. They have many more products than are listed.
Have I mentioned how awesome the natural products are yet? What are you waiting for?

No comments: