Sunday, September 20, 2009

St. Stephen's Confirmation Class 1922


The reason that I changed the name of my blog to "Black, White & Lace" over a year ago was because I stumbled across some old photos of my grandmother as her pre-wedded self, and the idea of posting old photos and my connections to them was a good idea at the time. Obviously, I've gone beyond just posting about these photos, but I still love how they effect my life today and create connections to my family and hometown.
This picture came from my great-great Uncle Charlie Schwartz, who is probably the third boy from the left. We also think that the boy on the far right is his brother, Middleton. There is also probably a sister in the back. This church is now closed, but it is, hands down, the most beautiful church in the parish.
It seems so far away that these people where there in that moment. I wonder if someone will be looking at my moments in ninety years from now?

2 comments:

Talon said...

Technology is changing so much of how we document our lives that I wonder what the chosen medium will be all those years from now.

Have you noticed in really old photographs in group settings, children rarely smiled? It must be the old, "Children should be seen and not heard" thing.

CoatMan said...

That is delightful! I do rather love old photographs, as a window on what life was like many years ago.