Friday, September 11, 2009

Vintage Christmas Ornaments

I'm beginning to slowly build my collection of Christmas ornaments, and I've decided that I like angels. I have a couple lovely candlesticks, a beautiful ornament I was given as a gift last Christmas - the collection is growing. When I saw these in a little dollar bag at Value Village this week, I knew they belonged to me.

My grandmother has the most beautiful angel bells that she was given as a gift in 1958 - her first Christmas as a married woman. They come out every year and get placed on the old clock. The little candle holders remind me of those bells. I've always loved my grandmother's older ornaments. There is something special about little things that have been witness to Christmases gone by.

5 comments:

CoatMan said...

Those are adorable! I do love old-fashioned Christmas decorations, and am especially fond of the particular decorations that I knew and enjoyed when I was a child. Although, isn't September a smidge early to be decorating for Christmas...?

Melissa said...

These are getting put away until Christmas - but it's never too early to expand your collections!

CoatMan said...

Ahh, that's a relief, or else I'd think that you were turning your house into a shop!

A "cheery" disposition said...

o, i have so many christmas decorations... i can't stop buying them. I actually am just starting the book today... my weekend didnt go quit as planned... but i only keep hearing wonder things about it... so i am very excited to start.

Talon said...

Those angles are so adorable! I love Christmas decorations and the older ones have so much charm and character. Wonderful find.