Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wild Rose Jelly


At the Shawville Fair this year, I tasted something called 'Wild Rose Jelly,' thought it was great, so I bought a jar and brought it home. I had it this morning on toast, and it might just be my new favourite jelly. It tastes the way you think a rose petal melting on your tongue might taste.
The farm that makes it is called El Camino Farm. Their webpage talks about how they came to live in the middle of nowhere in the Pontiac, their standards, their ideals. Somehow, it makes the jelly taste all the more sweet!

4 comments:

pve design said...

I was given a jar of wild rose jelly and the smell alone brings to mind a bed of roses....ahhh!
pve

Barbara said...

That sounds wonderful! I can only imagine....

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Really beautiful shot !! Wow..Unseen Rajasthan

CoatMan said...

That sounds very delicious - and that picture is excellent, too!