Monday, October 26, 2009

Ladybug Luck?




Going to bed tonight, I saw this on my curtain.  Sometimes, depending on what kind of day I'm having, I like to think that certain things carry signs from God... today was a day that I really, really needed to have some sort of sign.  I looked up the meaning of ladybugs as a symbol, and here is what one website explains:

The Ladybug is associated with spirituality and religious devotion. The name Ladybug originated in Europe during the Middle Ages, when insects were destroying the crops. Catholic farmers were said to have prayed to the Virgin Mary for help. Soon after, Ladybugs appeared and began eating the pests and saved the crops from destruction. The farmers began to call the Ladybugs “the Beetles of Our Lady” and eventually they were known as Lady Beetles. The Ladybug's red wings are said to represent the Virgin's cloak and the black spots her joys and sorrows. The Ladybug is widely considered a symbol of luck and is seen as a good omen when it comes calling.  Ladybug teaches life is short and it teaches to let go of ones' worries and fears, to trust in spirit and enjoy life. It brings the gifts of renewal and regeneration. The message of the Ladybug could be asking you to “Let go and let God”.   Montana Dreams

I also read somewhere that counting the number of spots on the back of a ladybug will tell you the number days/months/etc until your luck is fulfilled, love comes calling, etc and so on.  But my ladybug didn't have any spots, or they were all faded.  And I could choose to think that this means my luck has run out and will never come, but instead, I choose to think that the wait is over, and my luck changes NOW.

No comments: