Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Got a Couch!!


I'm just a wee bit excited!!!  After helping my friend move some things into her new place, I stopped by a new thrift shop to check out the price of love seats.  I've been wanting something smaller than the ratty couch I've had for years, something more my style.  And I FINALLY found it!  I saw it at the back of the shop, amid other couches and tables and whatnot... when I saw it, I figured it would be over 100 bucks (since something similar at a Salvation Army store was $250) but it wasn't...  it was $15!!!!!  Fifteen dollars for this awesome vintage sofa!  Unbelievable!!


And, I must thank my friend, Ali, over at Ali in Wonderland, for this fantastic award!  I've decided that with my first blogging award, I have reached another 30 Before 30 goal: to have a well followed blog!  I'm excited about that as well!

8 comments:

ali said...

oh my, that couch, amazing, is all I can say.

Torie Jayne said...

What a great find! Have a sweet day!

Jaime said...

Congrats on your award! Thanks for visiting La vie...J'aime :)

Talon said...

Congrats on the award!

That sofa is lovely! What a super find!

Sara said...

What a "lovely" love seat and weren't you lucky to find it...or did it find you? I have an old love seat in my office, which belonged to my grandmother. I love it:~)

AND...congrats about the award. It is well deserved.

BTW I mentioned you and your site in my latest post. I gave a link to your fiction writing, which I think is fantastic:~)

Blondie said...

Wow, what a beautiful piece of vintage furniture! Thanks so much for the sweet comments on my blog honey. I'm glad you like the new layout! I'm excited about the change. I hope you have an amazing day and a fantastic weekend! Kori xoxo

Su said...

Ohhhhh... nice!!! What a great deal!

And congrats on the award

Krista said...

Love the couch, it's beautiful!