Monday, November 16, 2009

A Perfect Day


Image of Clarendon, Quebec road, Fall 2008, taken by me


Do you ever have a day that you think is so perfect, nothing can beat it?  I totally had one of those today.

When I was at with my first student today at his preschool, one of the preschoolers came up to me and announced: "Morah Melissa, you're my favourite Morah at (preschool)!"  I almost cried! (Sidenote: in the Jewish school system, teachers are called Morahs.)  I gave her a big hug.  She's just a ray of sunshine, you know!  Well, all the kids at that school are.  I love every morning!

Then my afternoon was made complete, when upon packing up to leave my second student's home, he says to me, in front of his parents no less: "I'm going to miss you."  His mom almost cried because he's never said that to anyone!  We can really see the progress he's making, and it's so exciting!

Then, as if there could even be more perfection to my day, I found out that I'm developing some programming for one of my students.  This is kinda a big deal to me because it means that my supervisors trust me enough to let me take the initiative with a student's program.  I'm so excited, and I can't wait to get cracking on it!

And... cause there is just so much perfection today...  I must say thank you for the wonderful comments about my photography!  I appreciate it so much!  I've started an album on my Flickr account with scenes from my home county of Pontiac, so if you like what you see, let me know! 

3 comments:

Torie Jayne said...

Sounds like a perfect day, off to see your photography, Have a sweet day!

ali said...

You post made me smile. I am happy that yesterday was perfect for you!! I love days that are so perfect it seesm like it could never end.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Fantastic and beautiful !!Unseen Rajasthan