Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good Things Come



I love the chorus in this song that goes:

"Don't get down cause good things come when you stop waiting around,
Good things come when you stop looking.
So don't get down, you just gotta stop looking."

Today, I reflected on the steps that brought me to where I am today in my work.  I stopped waiting around and made this leap into a different workplace, with different people, different teaching.  It was scary, but looking back, it was so worth it.  Right before I made the initial leap, I kept questioning myself.  Was I making the right choice?  Looking back, the answer is so obvious. 

I was telling someone today how blessed I am to be working where I am now.  I almost gave up teaching earlier this year.  But this person I spoke to today told me: "good things come to good people."  This is truth:  Good things come to good people.  You just have to stop waiting around.  You have to leap.  Have faith.

6 comments:

Cee said...

LEAP!!! I need more leaping in my life and I'm glad you leaped!

mart and lu said...

i'm a music teacher and i find it so rewarding although at times it can be challanging but i love working with children and the odd adult!

megara said...

ah this is so true... you have to make yourself happy! i'm working on remembering that we have to take action and do what we feel is right, it'd definitely true.

Torie Jayne said...

Great lyrics, Have a sweet day!

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

I too took a leap only now I'm waiting to see if it pays off. Your post makes me feel I'm already better for having done, so thanks.
Warm regards,
Simone

(always)alanna said...

greatt song- love the inspiration!
gorgeous painting below too! love your blog!
xx