Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Putting the Year to Bed

Well, it's almost the end of 2009, and what a year!!  When I look back at the roller coaster that was the first half, and compare it to the smooth sail that the last half has been, it really makes me thankful for how far I've come.  In early July of this year, I had my palms read.  The woman told me that this was my year of change.  It really has been.  I think the most significant change has been my attitude towards my life.  I've never been a laid-back kinda gal, and I don't think I ever will be.  But that mantra that I talked about before - "Whether it's a good experience or a bad experience, you'll learn something about yourself" - well, it became firmly implanted as my attitude towards life.  Maybe it's a kind of acceptance - an acceptance that some things happen in life beyond our control, and an acceptance that sometimes we have the ability to effect change in our own lives. 

1 comment:

Talon said...

It's amazing when you learn to lean into the pain and heartache and not fight it. It's sort of like giving birth. And it's just as rewarding.

I hope 2010 is a stellar year for you, Melissa!