Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Photo taken by me, Fall 2008

It's been a while since I've done a Thankful Thursday post, and from reading Simple Abundance, I've learned how important keeping a gratitude journal can be.  So I've decided to make Thankful Thursday a round up of all my thankfulness over the whole week.  I have so much to be thankful lately.

I'm so thankful for my family.  I know I often start these posts rambling about how awesome my family is, and I hope to never change that.  This week I took my step-dad out for lunch for his belated birthday.  It's nice to spend time just one on one with him.  We don't do that often.  And I only remember doing that once a year with my father - every Christmas Eve.  I think it's important to cultivate a relationship with my step-dad, he's done a lot for me over the years and it's a way to show my appreciation.

I'm also thankful this week for my mind.  I don't mean that in a self-centered kind of way: I'm thankful that I have the ability to teach, and be successful in that.  I had written a rather complicated program for one of my students to manage his tantrums, and this week he could almost talk himself through the steps to calming himself down.  That's a huge success!  I was also able to strategize with my coworkers on dealing with another child's aggression problems.  I feel as though I've found my niche, and it's the most amazing feeling in the world.

1 comment:

Su said...

Love Thankful Thursday posts... it reminds one (me, at least) to cultivate an attitude of gratitude.