Monday, February 1, 2010

Abundant January

I decided that it was getting a little annoying writing all these Simple Abundance posts, when I should probably just summarize after a month's worth of readings.  The book is about self discovery, and using a gentle, simple way to achieve that.  I feel like I've been doing that for ages.  Last year was a year (or half year) or self discovery, so even though I'm reading the daily entries, some of the words are old news to me.  Not that I plan to skip them over - sometimes you need to reinforce what you already know.

January is about laying foundations for the year.  It's about learning the tools that will carry you through: gratitude, simplicity, order, harmony, beauty and joy.  One that I struggle with is order.  How long has it been since I've been planning to "reorganize my office space"?  Way too long!! 

Something else I fight hard to maintain is simplicity.  To me, simplicity means "no drama."  Often, cultivating a dramaless life means stepping back from friendships that suck me into their drama.  At first, I thought this was selfish, but then I realized it was necessary to my well-being.  I think everyone has drama to a certain extent in their lives, but too much can be detrimental to the balance of a happy life.  I fought too hard to find this balance - I'm not going to throw it away!

Well, that ended up being a little more personal than I had intended, but what is this blog if not a personal outlet.

No comments: