Monday, February 8, 2010

Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald


This was a sweeping, amazing, intense, depressing, uplifting, amazing novel.  It encompassed so much in time, relationships, history... There`s really not enough adjectives to effectively describe it.

The heart of the novel is the bond between sisters.  There really is no affecting destiny - at least not in the troubled lives of these characters - but the sustaining factor is their unflinching love for each other.  It reminds me of my trio of sorority sisters that I would do anything for.

2 comments:

ali said...

I loved Fall on Your Knees. Have you read The Way the Crow Flies as well?
Anne-Marie MacDonald and Margaret Attwood are my favourite Can lit authors.
Who are yours?

ali said...

I bought my first Alice Munro book last week. I am excited to start it. I'll let you know my thoughts after. :)