Sunday, February 28, 2010

Simple Abundance for February


For those new to the blog, I began reading Simple Abundance, by Sarah Ban Breathnach, in January.  It's a day book that has essays for each day of the year, with little hints, quotes, and ideas for living a more simplified life.  The month of February focused on experiencing gratitude in small things each day, excavating the genuine person that we used to be before responsibilities befell us, and making for ourselves a small place in our home that is our own 'sacred space.'

So how did I do?

Every week, I've been posting a 'Thankful Thursday' post.  I've been doing this for a while, but I'm trying to summarize a week into one post, or pick the thing that I'm most thankful for during that week.  I like reflecting on the things that make me thankful.  It always makes me smile.

I've also gone back to this journal I began over Christmas.  It's a journal with guided questions called 'A Woman's Journey Through the Gardens of Life.'  There are sections for childhood memories, education, career, hobbies, etc...  I'm really enjoying putting these thoughts to paper and having the questions to guide me.

As for my home, I've tried to make everything sacred.  I went through and rearranged my furniture, and you can see the outcome of that in a previous post that I'm pretty proud of.  I also rearranged my art desk last night.  I haven't taken the pictures yet of it, but it's quite nice.  I bought a small pot of yellow tulips, yellow being my favourite colour, and placed it on my desk so that their sunniness can inspire some of my painting.

And, of course, I've also been participating in a spending hiatus - I'm only focusing on the necessities.  This is tough, because I surely love to stop at a thrift store and pick up discounted books, but I know that this will pay off in the long run.  I'm already planning my summer vacation to the East Coast!

2 comments:

Tuesdai Noelle said...

I think you're doing well :) btw, my blog is filled with humorous and inspirational thoughts of me too....I like to discover the world thru a "...so, guess what?" type of view...most times, whatever inspires me to inspire another :) Have a nice weekend.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Have a Great time !!