Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Yesterday, on my way home from work, I stopped to pick up some fresh produce at one of my favourite grocery stores in Westboro.  The prices were great, and I thought I'd also pick up some fresh flowers (I figured this wouldn't harm my spending hiatus, because these are "groceries" after all).  No, the picture isn't of the flowers I got - these are from last summer - and I have yet to take a picture of the newest ones.  I got 5 stems of light pink tulips (they match my ankle tattoo!).  There is just a feeling that looking at fresh flowers in the morning gives you.  I have a little pot of hot pink African violets on my dining room table, and looking at their ruffly fluffiness, well, it just makes me thankful for flowers.

And, to update my spending hiatus, I can report that this week has been excellent.  I haven't spent any money on anything other than food, bills and gas this week!  Driving past the local bookstore was tough, because I finished a couple books this week, but I knew I could do it!  It's a nice feeling!

2 comments:

Talon said...

Fresh flowers - good for the soul! The tulips sound lovely! When you mentioned your violets, I looked over at the ones in the window here and smiled. Maybe flowers are a little extravagance, but it's a totally valuable one. :)

The Sequin Cat said...

Good for you!

Good luck on cutting back spending. When I'm feeling the desire for something new I like to pop into my local library and pick up lots of lovely books, magazines, DVDs and CDs. Satisfies the shopping craving.

Adventures of a Sequin Cat