Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mushroom Orzo


Last night, I finally felt more like myself, so I decided to cook dinner for everyone.  I've been staying at my parents' place in Shawville, and I wanted to do something nice because they've really been taking great care of me since I've been sick.  I looked up a recipe for Mushroom Orzo, and it's so yummy that I wanted to share:

1/2 cup butter
1 minced small onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup orzo
1 cup water
1/2 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh or 2 tbsp dried parsley

1. Melt 1/4 cup of the butter into a skillet.  Once melted, add the onions and caramelize.

2. Add the rest of the butter, the mushrooms and the orzo, and saute until the mushrooms are tender.

3. Add the water and wine, salt and pepper, and bring to boil.  Turn down on low and let simmer until orzo is al dente.

4. Stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley.  Serve with a smile!

3 comments:

ali said...

omgoodness that looks delicous! I love anything and everything that has mushrooms in it.
How many people does it serve because I need to make something for a pot luck Easter dinner and that is YUMMY!

Melissa said...

The recipe is supposed to serve 6, but that would be super small servings. I would double it for 6 people.

The Sequin Cat said...

Sounds delicious! Well done.