Thursday, April 1, 2010

Less Than Thankful Thursday

Maybe I'm just cranky from being cooped up and sick for a week now, but I'm not feeling particularly thankful this week.  I mean, there are things that I can be thankful for: my family have been really great, and the quietness has let me catch up on some sleep, reading, and that kind of thing.

Today, I decided to put one of my dreams aside.  And by putting aside I mean burying-never-to-be-seen-again.  I took it off my "30 Before 30 List."  I guess it's just time to move on, you know.  I kinda feel like I haven't even begun living my life because I've been waiting for this one thing to fall into place so I can start my engines.  I'm not totally okay with this decision yet, but I'm sure it will be the best thing for me down the road.  By closing this door, I'm sure a window will open in the near future to take its place - something else for me to focus on.  Maybe by removing the big impossible dream, all the little more possible dreams will have room to grow.  So I'm weeding the dream garden.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Melissa,

Last time I was here, I couldn't comment; for some reason it wasn't working, but now I see that it is... I kind of lost interest in my blog with all the other things happening and a lot of people to talk to on FB. Also started researching my family's ancestors and am finding that has taken over the time I used to use blogging...

My blog has been malfunctioning too and don't know why. It won't let me change the entries in the sidebar and something else, I forget...

Anyway, you are still on my list and I just wanted to stop by and say "hi". I enjoy popping in and reading your interesting posts. Good job hanging in there!

Barb of Anaheim, CA

Maggie May said...

There are a lot of posts about dreams lately. This time of year...

take a small adventure

Melissa said...

Thanks, Maggie May... that might be a plan!