Thursday, May 13, 2010

Body Surfing by Anita Shreve


Well, if you haven't guess by now, Anita Shreve is one of my favourite authors.  I came across one of her novels that I haven't read yet - she has written about 13 so far and I've now read 8 - at my favourite thrift shop, and I think I read this in a couple nights.  I had to set aside one of my current novels so I could really get into this.  I'm the same age as Sydney, the main character, who is spending the summer as a tutor for an eighteen year old girl at a beach house in New Hampshire.  Interestingly enough, this same house has been the feature of  many of the novels I've already read.  What an interesting concept that a house can be as much of a character in a novel as a person.  Sydney gets caught in an interesting relationship between brothers, but the ending is completely perfect.  I loved it, of course.  Like I've written before, I haven't met an Anita Shreve novel that I didn't like!

No comments: