Friday, May 7, 2010

Five Senses Friday

I've got some great things to share today!























Touch:
I bought new bedding this week.  I saw it at Winners, and I've always wanted something different than pink floral, and since yellow is my all time favourite colour, I couldn't resist!  I love it.  It's so sleek and still smells new.  Climbing into bed is a great feeling at the end of the day!

Smell:
On Sunday evening, I stopped along the roadside to snip some spring blossoms.  I've got a vase in my bedroom and when the morning breeze blows past it, I wake up to the freshest fragrance.  It's almost as good as the smell of coffee in the morning.


















Sight:
I planted these a couple weeks ago - many thought I was foolish - but I've been very careful with them, taking them inside in evenings that are too cold.  I've also been dead-heading them like crazy, and look what I've been paid off with!  Aren't they great??

Taste:
I bought strawberries this week.  They were of such an enormous size, I was afraid they wouldn't have any taste to speak of, but they're so sweet, it's amazing!  I can't wait til the local ones are ready.  I'm gonna have buckets of them!



Sound:
I've been listening to Iron and Wine for a while now, but this song is always so beautiful - it never grows old for me.  I love how the beginning goes: that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images... what a thought.

1 comment:

Amy @ Varnish said...

Love you new yellow bedding!!!