Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Patron Saint of Liars by Anne Patchett


This book was lent to me by one of my students' mom.  We often discuss good novels that we've read at the end of the session, and we definitely have some similar interests.  I loved this novel.  What a beautiful story!  Rose leaves California during the early months of her pregnancy and arrives at a Catholic home for unwed mothers-to-be.  What happens after that is completely unpredictable!  It's not a story of redemption, but it is a story of faith.  I love how it was divided into three sections, told from the point of view of the three main characters.  It really gave the story a fuller body.  I'd recommend this to anyone!!

1 comment:

Juno Harpoon said...

i have read all of her other books and loved them!!!! now i'm compelled to find this one and read it too. thanks for the suggestion and happy reading!!