Monday, May 3, 2010

Simple Abundance for April


Simple Abundance essays for April had a lot to do with confidence in our appearance.  This is something that I'm not particularly well versed in, so it was refreshing to read.  A few years ago, I read "The Purpose Driven Life" which is forty lessons to be read daily.  Some of the things were easy to subscribe to, but some ideas I wasn't comfortable with.  I'm finding the same with this collection - some things I have a hard time throwing away all abandon and following.  April continued with March's theme of simplicity, and simplicity in our appearances was the focus.  Ban Breathnach did write something I found very interesting, though, about finding a style icon that suits me.  She found herself drawn to Lauren Hutton's simple jeans and cotton tee cool, and began to adopt that style because it reflected her authentic self.  I'm not sure who I'm drawn to.  Of course, I love Audrey Hepburn's style, but on me?  I don't think so.  I love Tina Fey's smart-sassy-edgy cool, but once again... on me?  I need a style icon that's curly-haired-chubby with dark framed glasses.  Good luck!

No comments: