Friday, May 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday, a couple days late


I'm getting to be a terrible "thankful" blogger.  I think I've missed the last two Thursdays.  But, all has been rather quiet in my life these past couple of weeks. 

So what am I thankful for this week?  How do I find new words to describe the same old thing?  I'm always thankful for my family.  They called me this week and asked if I wanted to vacation with them this summer.  That puts me in a little conundrum... I love vacationing with them, but I had planned on vacationing by myself.  I still have a couple months to decide... well, one month.  (Sigh!) Is it just me, or are the months flying by?  I can't believe it's the end of May already!

All my students are doing so well.  It's really exciting to see their progress - especially this new student that I started with in April.  I love the families that I work for.  One of the parents has similar reading tastes, so we've been exchanging books.  I love how I feel like I'm making a difference in the life of the family as a whole, not just my student.  I love how I can share little tips with the parents to hopefully make things smoother for them.  And I really have the most amazing families on my caseload.

So here's to the summer road ahead!  I'm looking forward to the coming months - whether it's more of the same old, or something completely new and different.  Who knows!  It's part of the fun!

No comments: