Friday, June 18, 2010

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson


I finally finished the second in Steig Larsson's Lisbeth Salander trilogy.  Reading his novels is like doing hard labour.  They're intense, engrossing, time consuming.  I've had this one on the go for a while, so it's nice to be finished it, but at the same time, I'm a little sad because I know I won't read the third installment until it's out in paperback, probably later in the year.  These novels also take a lot of warming up to... I mean that Larsson takes his time laying the foundation to his novels.  The main crisis in the novel that sets the story into motion doesn't happen until one third of the way into the book.  This requires a lot of patience, but in my mind, it was worth it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wait until you read the last one...it's fantastic. I could not put it down:~)