Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Simple Abundance for May


I think May's Simple Abundance essays came at just the right time: order in the home.  Order is one of the principles of Simple Abundance, the third following gratitude and simplicity.  Reading these essays this month was like some sort of sacred affirmation - reinforcing the ideas of home life that I've always had.  My home is a sacred place for me.  I love coming home at the end of the day - whether it's to my parents' home in Shawville or my own humble apartment in the city - when I enter through the doors, I'm shutting out the world.  'My time' begins.

I've been in the midst of rearranging things for a couple weeks now.  I get started and then life steps in and leaves my home in disarray while I go through the motions waiting for the next chunk of uninterrupted time to devote to my home.  But, I'm home with pneumonia again - yep, the second time in as many months - and I've got this crazy cabin fever that is wanting me to go through this place like a whirlwind!  Probably not the best for convalescence, but oh well!

No comments: