Monday, July 19, 2010

The View from Here


On Sunday, my brother and I went to our favourite little place - an auctioneer's old horse barn filled with all sorts of collectibles.  The view from the barn is beautiful.  The Ottawa River flowing along, Calumet Island rising on the other side, fields and trees dotting the landscape.  My brother and I spent about an hour and a half wandering through the barns, looking at old records, guessing the price of various old furniture and being way off.  I bought an old medicine cabinet that I'm going to use to hold some art supplies and a tray with a lovely old painting inside.  It might find a home on the wall rather than a table. 

Another brother came home for dinner.  We had a great spaghetti dinner, coffee on the patio, and then finished the evening in front of the fire pit.  Honestly, I love our weekends together.  It's a great family to be in.

No comments: