Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lots of Reading to Get Caught Up On

I have still been reading a fair amount, so I figured rather than give a single post to each book, I'll just run over them quickly.  Some were great, some were bad, and some were horrid.  The books that I have on the go right now are fantastic, though.  I think I've given up on reading 100 books before the year is up.  I'm only at 57.  I'd like to get to 80, though.


I'm really enjoying these Stephanie Plum books.  I'm currently reading the third one.  They're light and easy and hilarious.


Reading this was like reading a Nancy Drew for grown-ups, even though the ingenue-sleuth was only eleven years old.  Flavia de Luce is a beautiful character, and I definitely plan on reading more of her in the future.  I loved her adventure.  Bradley is an excellent author.


This is the sequel to 'Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict,' which wasn't bad, but not fantastic.  This was less than stellar also.  It was a waste of my time.


Now this one just made me frustrated.  I wanted to give the main character a shaking.  Basically, it's the popular theme of career-woman-gets-stuck-with-kids.  We know how it begins and ends, and the middle is equally as predictable.

No comments: