Monday, August 30, 2010

Picton Weekend

This weekend kicked off another week of vacation for me.  A girl friend and I hopped in my car and drove to our friend's new home.  These are the sorority ladies that I mention so often, and we had such a great time.  My friend and her growing family just bought a house, and it's so lovely.  It was nice to be able to come to her because she is so often the one that drives to Ottawa to visit us.  And it's not a hardship to come visit, cause, well, her kid is so friggin cute!!  Just look at this!  Too bad the tractor's not red, sweetheart!


On the way back to Ottawa, my friend and I stopped at a few antique places.  We both love antiques and flea markets, but we have such completely opposite tastes.  She likes retro, 60s-70s era, abstract-looking things, whereas I'm more of an old-country-girl.  On our drive down, I was talking about how I've always wanted a mix-master.  What should we find at a store lovingly titled 'Dead People's Stuff'.... my mix-master.  For forty-five bucks.  Awesome.  The gods were smiling that day!



And we also stopped at the oddest place I think I've ever been - and I've been to a lot of odd places!  I think the dead horse lawn ornament says it all.  Really.  What can I add to this picture!

2 comments:

Su said...

Hahahaha!! Love "Dead People's Stuff" and weird horsey. I mean, that's just.. I can't.... I don't know what to say.

Barbara said...

What a great name for an antique store! And if you think about it, most old houses have had many people die in them... Weird if you think about it. ;-) Nice thought, huh?