Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two New Books by Favourite Authors

I picked up a couple books today by two of my favourite authors!  I probably shouldn't have, but I've been wanting them for a while, and since I enjoy both authors, I figured they were good investments!


Alicia Paulson is the author of the blog: Posie Gets Cozy.  It's one of my favourite blogs.  This is her second book - the first was a sewing book which I don't have, but because I love embroidery, I picked this one up.  I'm looking forward to doing a couple projects.  She has some great patterns for monograms, and an interesting kerchief project.  I love her folksy floral patterns.


And finally, the long awaited third novel in the Ethical Vampire Series by one of my favourite authors: Susan Hubbard.  And, she's someone I know quite well - a cousin of mine!!  She is a fantastic writer, and she has broken the campy-vampire novel mold with the beautiful ingenue, Ariella Montenero.  Her prose is so elegant.  I love her style and can't wait to polish this one off!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow. It must be nice to have a cousin as a writer. I'll have to remind my daughter about this book. I think she's read the other books.

I loved the cover of the other book about embroidery. I don't partake of this, but I love looking at what others create:~)