Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blogging Books

I didn't take a big break from reading, but I definitely am not up to my usual speed.  I have read 65 books so far this year.  I'd love to be able to get to 100.  I currently have four books on my nightstand, so maybe I'll get there, but if not, it's okay.  I know I've worked pretty darn hard, and have never read this many before.  I have also been using my Shelfari account (http://www.shelfari.com/) to keep track of my reading, which has become an awesome tool for me! 



The Janet Evanovich books are fun reads for me.  I'm currently working on the sixth installment, and enjoying it.  They're a distracted read.  One that I don't have to put a lot of thought into, but can just enjoy as entertainment.


This is a beautiful piece of Canlit, and I loved it.  It's not light reading by any means.  It's troubling, moving, shocking, enduring.  I think it's also an honest portrayal of a family in the 1940s Canadian rural landscape.


Not as good as I thought it would be.


True to form Kathy Reichs.  Always enjoyable.  I can't be more thankful for my Doubleday bookclub membership!

No comments: